WHITE WALL SESSIONS ARTIST INFORMATION PACKET
Thank you for you interest in performing on The White Wall Sessions.
Please read through the following packet to ensure all parties are in agreement of all the terms. Please make sure the Release and Consent Forms are viewed by all appropriate parties.
***Release and Consent forms must be signed before videotape production begins.
- Our program is recorded at Last Stop Studios, located at 2121 E 10th st.
- We are just west of I229 and the 10th St Exit in the basement of Last Stop CD Shop.
- We have 2 entrances, the small door on SW corner of building is a direct entrance into our area.
- If you are a solo act with just a guitar or single instrument, you can come in the southwest door and walk down the steps to our studio.
- If you have more gear, we suggest coming in through the main store door.
- You can back up to the door and we will assist you with unloading, then you can park your vehicle.
- We have a large cart and an elevator inside to assist the load in into the basement.s
- Please call Jeff at 605 359-4152 upon arrival so we can meet you at the door.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q) How many songs do I have to perform to appear on the show?
A) We record 4-5 original songs for television and web, which are written by the performer or group.
If time permits we may do another 3-4 songs for radio (audio only)
Q) Can I do any cover songs?
Q) Can I do public domain songs?
A) We do not recommend it. We may record a public domain song on occasion, but we do not want to concentrate on them.
The concept of the show from the beginning was to showcase original material from musicians, and we do not want to stray from that vision.
NOTE** In order for us to air the public domain song, we must have a copy of the official sheet music, with date it was published.
***In the United States, a musical work published in 1926 or earlier is in the public domain. This must be provided by the artist.
Q) How long does a session usually take?
A) Usually about 1-1.5 hours.
Q) How much does it cost to do a session?
A) Nothing, the sessions are no charge to the performers who are selected to perform.
Q) Do I have to audition to be on the show?
A) No, but you will need to provide links to any recorded music, demos or videos you may have for demo purposes.
***We do not take performers sight unseen or unheard.
Q) Do I have to sign a contract?
A) No, but you will need to sign a consent and release form.
– All members of the current band (even if they did not perform on camera) must sign the release.
– If you are under 18 years old, the release must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
– Also, you must notify us if you decide to run for political office within 18 months of performing on the show.
Q) Can I use the recordings for my own use?
A) Yes, after a song performed by an artist airs on the show, it will be uploaded to our YouTube Channel.
You will be provided the link and are free to share and embed the links for social media and promotional purposes.
***You are not allowed to edit or alter the video or files in any way and are not allowed to sell, digitally or otherwise, this particular recording of the song.
Q) Will I have access to all of the raw files, tracks and photographs?
A) No, you will not receive the original unedited files or copies of those files.
Q) Does Spectrum Films, Inc. own the rights to the songs that I sing?
A) No, we do not own the rights to your song but we do own rights to that particular performance or recording of the song, in regard to over the air broadcast, online media and the promotion of those broadcasts.
***We do not have the right to sell your song, image or likeness for profit, unless we enter an additional revenue sharing agreement with you, containing provisions agreed upon by both parties.
Q) If I am recorded, does that guarantee that I will appear on the show?
A) No, we retain complete creative control over all material used in the show. If we do not feel the material is appropriate for the show, we will not run it.
***We are required by the FCC to provide closed captioning for the hearing impaired on all of our programming.
Please be prepared to provide lyrics for the songs you perform.
Having your lyrics saves us MUCH time, so we appreciate getting them directly from you.
- Lyrics can be mailed to David.Palmer@sio.midco.net
- We also ask that you fill out the following Artist Information Profile
- This simply ensures the information we have about you is accurate and has your blessing.
ARTIST INFORMATION PROFILE (Can be filled out below:)
- Billed Performing Name:
- Current City/Town
- Name/Instrument of all performers who appeared on the show
- Lyrics (Or link to Lyrics) of songs you will perform
- Links to all social media and websites
- List (or link) to current and complete discography (preferably with access to song titles)
- List any current projects with projected release dates and working titles.
- List of bands/acts previously performed with.
- Early Influences
- Current Influences
- Age you started playing music
- Instruments played
- Average Shows Per year
- List States you have performed in (Countries)
- List Musical accomplishments, awards (etc)
- Anything else you would like us to know about you?